Friday, August 18, 2017

It's been a while

It has been way to long since I posted. Between busyness, exhaustion, camp and traveling for a funeral, I gave up. I gave up on a lot of things.

Before you get scared, no, I didn't give up on life. But I did give up on projects that I have been working on the past few months. I also gave up on my house. (It's finally starting to look sorta clean.)

When I wrote the post in July about life after a mountain top experience, I didn't realize how much I would actually struggle. While I am tempted to beat myself up, I need to remember what I said in that post.
I think it may have been a quote from C.S. Lewis and Mere Christianity. As we start on our journey of total surrender to God, we take a step, maybe two, then fall down. We pick ourselves back up and we repeat the same process. After a while, we start getting along better, less falling and more walking. Finally we get to the point where we have little to no falling and lots of walking.  
Most of our lives are spent in the valleys. We need to learn to walk smoothly there. Thankful we aren't alone. God is there beside us filling us with Himself.
I'm in the get up stage. In this case, I think getting up also involves getting more sleep. It involves attempting to schedule what projects I do on certain days. And I definitely need to stress less and to, once again, make reading God's word a priority.

No comments: