Saturday, July 1, 2017

Spilled cereal and poop on the floor

What a day it has been! And it's only half over.

It started this morning with cereal landing squarely in my lap. I was holding my three-month-old enjoying my breakfast. I had moved her to a standing type position and had reached for another bite. Suddenly, my once harmless cereal jumped off the table and dumped its contents all over my lap and the floor.

I sat there stunned, with a now screaming baby.
"Paper towel?" I asked my toddler. It took a few tries to get him to hand it to me. His reply was, "Make a mess." Yep, we made a mess.

Later in the morning, I went to check on my much to quiet son. When I looked in his room, he looked asleep. Then I spotted the poop on the floor. And on his foot. And on his life jacket. And on the comforter. While I don't know what actually happened, it looked like he over filled his diaper with poop. The poop came out the top and landed on the floor. He stepped in it and spread it around. Needless to say, he went straight to the shower.

I sure hope the rest of this day isn't as exciting. I have a lot of house cleaning, and laundry, to do.

No comments: